~ B A D A S S ~

Anyone had a Gloworm XS malfunction?

Just wanted to know if anyone ever had a XS that suddenly stopped working. I'm curious to know what caused it and if you were able to fix it.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    I've seen a busted X1. It had water inside and some corrosion. Gave it a spray with contact cleaner and dried it out, was OK after that.

mtbr member
    Barb's X2 stopped working. Jim at Action-led was right on it and figured it was a wiring harness problem. It's en route to him now.
    I wonder about the remote switch and the delicate wire, on an otherwise excellent and robust light.

mtbr member
    On my 2nd XS and 3rd X2. XS never worked correctly from the beginning, hard to turn on and wouldn't switch modes. First X2 the remote button cracked and pieces of it started falling off exposing bare wires (still worked though). Second one the thermal protection would start cutting back on the power with light-head case temps. in the 90's (big issue for me living in the Phoenix area). All replaced by Jim @ Action-LED-Lights within a couple of days so really not an issue at all (would be an issue with less aggressive customer service - Thanks Jim).
    Mole

The Dog.
    I had the wiring harness on mine break twice. Jim @ action took care of it both times very quickly and no questions asked.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogdude222 View Post
    I had the wiring harness on mine break twice. Jim @ action took care of it both times very quickly and no questions asked.
    It looks like it may be possible to have the wiring harness upgraded to the new spec 2017 with the improved remote button and better wires. I communicated with Jim about this but am waiting on his opinion on the new remotes functionality. Don't know the cost yet so that may be an issue. Thought you might be interested.
    Mole

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    It looks like it may be possible to have the wiring harness upgraded to the new spec 2017 with the improved remote button and better wires. I communicated with Jim about this but am waiting on his opinion on the new remotes functionality. Don't know the cost yet so that may be an issue. Thought you might be interested.
    Mole
    I will have new wiring harnesses next week and for any light that has an issue it will be replace at no charge (other than possibly shipping)
    I haven't seen the new switch yet but Bruce at Gloworm tells me it has a much improved feel. I'll confirm next week when they arrive.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    I will have new wiring harnesses next week and for any light that has an issue it will be replace at no charge (other than possibly shipping)
    I haven't seen the new switch yet but Bruce at Gloworm tells me it has a much improved feel. I'll confirm next week when they arrive.
    Hi Jim,
    Just wondering if you've had a chance to try out the new remote switch? Also curious what you think of Gloworms new GoPro style handlebar mount? Thanks in advance for keeping us informed.
    Mole

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Just wondering if you've had a chance to try out the new remote switch? Also curious what you think of Gloworms new GoPro style handlebar mount? Thanks in advance for keeping us informed.
    Mole
    Mole,

The new wiring harnesses have arrived and anyone with a light in for repair should receive it soon.
    The new switch is definitely improved. The center of the switch is raised and only requires a flat push. I think you could even push with the palm of your hand. Gloves should be no problem. The wires now look pretty bullet proof. All are reinforced with glass fibers
    I don't yet have one of the new mounts but the light portion of it is the same as the optional mount that comes with the CX and it works well so I don't expect any problems from that side.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Barb got her Glowworm back with new harness and switch. I agree, much more robust harness and the click of the switch is a bit better.