pain Only Hurts for a min
    Feb 2010

Idea! Anyone familiar with Princeton Tec

okay feel free to bash me if this is a really bad idea...

I use my bike mainly computing to and from my job [on a dirt road], but when I get time I also do some trail riding [nothing extreme]. I'm usually not done with work will after dark, and usually riding in the dark for about 45 mins. I don't really have to have the light to see where I'm going I have the road about memorized. But it would be comforting to have one.

I was thinking about running a Princeton Tec Genesis light and then somehow mounting it to my bike...which I have yet to decide on how im going to do that [I've seen alot of ideas on different forums].

I was thinking of going this route because I have a thousand uses for a flashlight [i would use it everyday]. I just see it to me more logical for me. As soon as I finish my degree I'm moving to Colorado and then I am planning on stepping up to a light made to be on a bike but for now I don't think it would get enough use to pay for it's self.

http://www.princetontec.com/?q=node/77 <--the link for the light [Don't mind the price, I found it else where for $40]

Anyone want to bash me?
    Is this a good idea?
    Should I look at a different light?
    How should I mount it?
    Anything anyone wants to post would be greatly appreciated!?!

thanks in advance
    Just a Kid chasing his Dreams

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

pain Only Hurts for a min
    Feb 2010
    Thanks

but why is the twofish lock and block worth $13 < http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...x?SSAID=262400 > when i can get this mount < http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDeta...ProductId=6267 > for $3 and it looks to be the same system? can anyone explain?
    Just a Kid chasing his Dreams

Lets RIDE!
    Quote Originally Posted by moutainkiller
    Thanks
    but why is the twofish lock and block worth $13
    I've never seen the Kaidomain mount, but generally with these chinese knock-off outlets the trade off is slow shipping and questionable quality & customer service. That said, I've bought LED flashlights and a lot of LEDs and drivers to build bike lights from DX and have had no problems, other than the sloowww shipping.

But you don't really need a mount at all. When I was running an LED flashlight on my bars I just used a couple fat rubber bands, stretched over the light-under the bars-over the light, and a chunk of closed cell foam between the light and the bars to stabilize it. Works great.

Have a look at this flashlight. It's been a popular bike light option on the DIY lights forum for a couple years. Only $15, and about 5x brighter than that Genesis. You'll need 18650 size batteries and a charger, but it should all come in at under $30. They probably sell a similar mount too. As mentioned, it might take a month to arrive.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.