mtbr member

Anybody else using the Energizer Headlamps?

I picked up this 1 watt LED head lamp at Lowe's for $20. I gave it a shot tonight (on the road) and was impressed with the light output. The weight was noticeable at first, but I got used to it quickly. It seems like a pretty good bang for the buck.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidchicken
    I picked up this 1 watt LED head lamp at Lowe's for $20. I gave it a shot tonight (on the road) and was impressed with the light output. The weight was noticeable at first, but I got used to it quickly. It seems like a pretty good bang for the buck.

hmm nice after i saw u post i googled the energizer headlamps and saw different kinds. like the 6 led one which one u think is better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaqforever247
    hmm nice after i saw u post i googled the energizer headlamps and saw different kinds. like the 6 led one which one u think is better?
    Not sure, this is the only one I have tried. It works great for road riding. The strap is also easily removable and the light can be angled 90 degrees from the base. I am thinking about strapping it to the top of the helmet to get rid of some of the weight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I actually just bought one of the 7 LED ones for like 17 bucks and strapped it onto my helmet very easily. It seems very bright, claims 43 Lumens. Once a get my handlebar one arrives, I will see how the combination works. They seem good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    These are great for bike lights. Brighter and cheaper then the type of lights above. And they can be mounted on bars or helmet using these or these (depending on shape of helmet).
    Not to mention they are a really handy, versatile flashlight when off the bike.

I have several. I lend them out on night rides to people that don't have lights yet. Just use rechargeable batteries so you don't have to keep buying new ones.

Only down side is burn time, about 1.5 hrs at best. Most of my rides, I can get buy without a battery change, but if your rides are longer then just take an extra set.