mtbr member

alternate minewt mounting?

I have the minewt dual with the o-ring mounting system. The rings are worn, but I want a way to mount them more securely. They keep slipping until they're facing the ground. Is there a better way to mount these? I don't want them to budge at all while mounted.

Lumen Guinea Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    I have the minewt dual with the o-ring mounting system. The rings are worn, but I want a way to mount them more securely. They keep slipping until they're facing the ground. Is there a better way to mount these? I don't want them to budge at all while mounted.
    Get a rubber strip an inch wide(enough to go around the bar twice). Rubber glue one side of the strip and fit to the bar. Then use a thin but strong zip tie to secure where the o-ring used to hook front and back.

If..the o-ring mount is like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alternate minewt mounting?-002.jpg  

mtbr member
    Get thee to the hardware store and buy some tighter orings.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You might be able to get the "pro" mounting system from niterider. Thats what I had to do as the.orings.were constantly breaking. Certainly worth the $25 if is compatible. I'd call niterider and see.