undercover brother

Action LED Lights - Excellent Customer Service!

So I purchased a Gemini P7 from them back in the beginning of fall as they were closing out those models. About 2 rides in it shut off, contacted Action LED, they had me send it in and they repaired and had it back to me within a week. I ended up moving and with the Midwest's terrible winters, I haven't been able to ride and use it more than 2-3 times. Well, riding around the block last week the light shut off again, this time, dead as a door knob. So I contacted them again and the CSR told me to immediately send it in. Just got word that they just shipped me a new light! I don't question the quality of the Gemini lights and I'm guessing this was one that slipped through their QC department. I work in manufacturing and know what its like. So, moral of the story. Excellent customer service! I see them on these boards every once in a while so you can rest easy that your CSRs are doing there job well.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ditto.

I was going to post up my recent experience with Jim at Action as well, but I'll just add on to your thread. I've purchased multiple things from Jim and the customer service has been top notch. As an example, one of the items I purchased just didn't work for me. Jim worked with me to get something that fit my needs. Jim will definitely continue to get my business. You just can't get customer service like that now-a-days.

mtbr member
    I had the same senario as tangaroo, except I think Jim just sent me a new one right away. Not sure what's doing with the quality of the gemini P7, but this is why I spent a little more money and bought from somebody in america. If it were a Hong Kong/Chinese spin off...money's gone.
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Count me in for a service vote as well. Excellent communication, speedy delivery, and just a very pleasurable buying experience. I will continue to support Jim in all my future lighting requirements. Thanks Jim.

New Brunswick, Canada
    Last edited by jonniewishbone; 03-01-2013 at 06:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Another happy customer here, even overseas. Fast delivery, good communication.
    2012 Trek Slash 9

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    That is good to know. Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    For most buyers....customer service should be a big part of your buying decision.

I bought a couple of Chinese lights off Ebay....knowing that there will be ZERO customer service if I have a problem. Yes...I saved some money. But what happens if I put them away for the summer and there's a problem next fall?

I have never bought anything from Action LED. But the guy helped me with my Chinese lights....and he answered a lot of questions...and is a contributor here. I have to buy some stuff from him.

Same with Xeccon....answered a bunch of questions and is a big contributor here. After all my cheap Chinese battery issues...he even sent my one of his 6600 batteries to evaluate. I will be posting a review soon.

The one thing I have found is, that in the end....I really didn't save much by buying cheap lights.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    For most buyers....customer service should be a big part of your buying decision.

I bought a couple of Chinese lights off Ebay....knowing that there will be ZERO customer service if I have a problem. Yes...I saved some money. But what happens if I put them away for the summer and there's a problem next fall?

I have never bought anything from Action LED. But the guy helped me with my Chinese lights....and he answered a lot of questions...and is a contributor here. I have to buy some stuff from him.

Same with Xeccon....answered a bunch of questions and is a big contributor here. After all my cheap Chinese battery issues...he even sent my one of his 6600 batteries to evaluate. I will be posting a review soon.

The one thing I have found is, that in the end....I really didn't save much by buying cheap lights.
    I have to agree with all of this. Found myself fascinated with bike lights this season; all shapes, size, varieties, beam patterns, what have you. Spent a bit of $$ 'testing' various chinese units but in the end, found myself making a purchase of a dual Gloworm (x1/x2) purchase from Jim @ Action anyway. Sometimes legit products with good c/s support is just the way to go.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I bought a XERA from Action LED and it had a small flaw on the optic that barely made a difference. I was prepared to take a pic of the flaw and send the optic back in but Jim just sent me another one no questions asked. When I upgrade my lights I'll go straight to action LED.

addicted to chunk
    I've bought a few sets of the titan from him for work, fast shipping and great prices. Can't complain!
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    I had a magicshine that, after about 3 months, would only light up in the lowest setting. Jim put a replacement in the mail to Australia straightaway and I posted the dud one back surface mail.

Very good service and I've since bought other things from him.

Tim