View Poll Results: Which is the best Chinese 2x clone?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yinding (Gemini Duo)

6 60.00%
  • KD (Magicshine 880)

3 30.00%
  • Solarstorm 2x

1 10.00%
    mtbr member

2x Chinese clone poll

Ok, based on the thread about which is the best 2x Chinese clone light to get, why don't we just vote on it!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    I wish I could vote on this but since I don't own all three I really can't say for sure which is best.

I do own a SSX2 clone. My opinion of it is that ( for mountain biking ) it is best suited for helmet use. Conversely it makes an excellent bar mounted lamp for road use.

From what I gathered from the comments made by others and beam shots I saw on some of the seller sites the Yinding Duo clone has more beam spread. This is due to the fact that it uses optics where as the others use reflectors. That said the optics used on the Yindings seem to vary. This is probably due to the fact that sometimes parts run out while things are being made and replacements have to be found. I also noted that beam shots of the Yinding's with XM-L2 also looked to have a wider spread than those sold with the XM-L U2. With all this in mind I feel the Yindings are best for handlebar use although if you switch out the optics for more narrow throw they could make an excellent helmet lamp. If you're into modding the lamp the Yinding's are an excellent choice.

The K/D ( Magicshine 880 clone ) is a mixed bag. Not too many people have commented on this lamp but from what was said by the few people that did it seems like it should have more spill than the typical SSX2 clone. This is probably due to the different size/shaped reflector Should make a good all-around bar light with good throw and decent side spill. Matter of fact I almost bought one of these lamps but opted out for the SSX2 because I thought the X2 might be better on the helmet.

Once again regardless of all I just said, if you use any of the above lights in combo ( helmet-bar ) you are going to have more than adequate lighting for general all-around mountain biking.