mtbr member
    Mar 2008

24hr race lights

Looking for the lighting system that lasts the longest on a medium or even low level of light. Just to last the 12hrs or so of darkness. Theres plenty of bright systems out there but they burn out fast. I race solo unsupported recharging batteries is a PITA . Spare batteries is nice but expensive.

Just looking for input on a long lasting lighting system

Thanks

Light freak

I have an option for you that you may not have considered....

How about a light made by a fellow cyclist? I have been making lights for over 5 years now, hanging out here on MTBR. Been setting people for commuting, mtn biking, and endurance racing. I touch every component in every light that I put out so a lot of personal pride is involved, something that has been lost of time. I am using the latest and greatest LED's, XP-G2's and will be using XM-L2"s next week. Using TaskLED drivers, I can customize your output levels to fit your needs.

These are some of the reasons some people purchase my lights -
    1. - Size
    2. - Weight
    3. - Non proprietary batteries
    4. - Customer service
    5. - Made by someone who uses his lights on an almost daily basis and knows the importance of reliability and has the same passion for biking.

Pete Basinger took one of my lights along for the ride on his victory of the Iditirod Invitational Race last year. I can customize for your specific needs. Affordable battery options of multiple sizes (2 cell, 4 cell, 6 cell).

Shoot me an email to address in my signature and I can send you more info.

Also check out my blog link in my signatures, videos and pics of riding.