mtbr member

2012 Exposure Strada Mk.6 Light

Does some one has 2012 Exposure Strada Mk.6 Light?

What's you're opinion on it?

Any better option?

Thanks!!

turtles make me hot
    I just looked at it online. I have the Toro. They're about the same size, but the Toro has more light. Are you shopping price?
    As far as Exposure's lights go, I love mine. I also have the Diablo on my helmet. I run both lights on medium and have more than enough light for my two hour night rides.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    If you're looking for a standalone light I'd strongly consider the JetLites F-1.
    Small, well priced and its claimed 750 lumens is actually 750 lumen.
    Exposure, while great looking lights, over-rate their claimed output. They're also quite pricey for what you get.
    For a trail light I'd say the Strada is seriously underpowered. You have to go to the Toro and more realistically the Maxx D before you get a decent trail light.
    Check out the beam patterns and lux ratings to see for yourself.
    If you're not interested in a standalone light -- that is, willing to have an external battery pack -- then there's tons of better options.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The quality of Exposure is very good, but i do have to agree based on Francois's lux measurments they tend to over rate their outputs by quite a margine. There are a lot of quality options out there for self contained helmet lights with external battery's lite enought to mount on the helmet. Here are a few that have higher outputs than the Exposure your interested in.

- Xera- 800 true lumens- 71lux. Very smooth beam pattern.
    - Lupine Piko- 750 lumens- 63lux. Highest quality in the market.
    - Amoeba- not 100% sure on output but XPG=600lumen- XM-L=750lumen?
    - As mentioned the Jet F-1. good company also 71lux.

There are more out there, but these are the ones that stand out to me for your application that have more output and the quality one would hope for. All products mentioned are backed by stand up guys that will be there for you after your purchase. There is more competition than ever, and as the quality of products continue to improve it can come down to customer service been the difference.

mtbr member
    Thanks to all for your response. Will read again and determine which one will be the one.
    Last edited by trucco; 03-05-2012 at 06:26 PM.