mtbr member

2011 Baja Designs Strykr/Strykr Pro Trade-Up Program

I have been getting a lot of questions about the Trade-Up Program, it has been such a success that we have decided to extend it into 2011.

Basically what you do is contact me at Shannon@BajaDesigns.com and we send you the program form, you fill it out and we send you a shiny new Strykr or Strykr Pro. Once you've received your new light you send in your complete old system - dead or alive. We give you a $100 credit towards either the Strykr MSRP $298.95 or the Strykr Pro MSRP $345.95, so you'd be paying $198.95 or $245.95 plus $10-$13 in shipping and California tax for California residents.

If you have any questions or would like to trade in your old system drop me an email.

Merry Christmas!

Shannon

mtbr member
    A couple of guys have asked some good questions:

Question: Does the trade-in light have to have a certain MSRP?
    Answer: No, we are not being picky, this is a good time to get rid of that old MS or ____ and let us deal with the smoldering wreckage. (please do not send in any lights that are currently on fire)

Question: Do you need to trade in an old Baja Designs light?
    Answer: No we don't discriminate, we love all makes and models of old bike light. The other day we got an awesome old set of Nightsun lights - these will be the eyes of the evil robot I am building...

As you guys come up with questions I will answer them here. Or, you can ask them here and I will respond, that way everyone will benefit from your question. Either way works. We look forward to hearing from you!

Shannon

MTBR Member
    What if you only have a lighthead(MS-900)? Any credit on that?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have older Princeton Tech light that is toast. I already recycled the battery and charger and cannibalized the cable. All I got is the Light Head, it still smells toasty. Could I get something for that? Thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS everybody.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman
    What if you only have a lighthead(MS-900)? Any credit on that?

Thanks
    Shannon took in an old NR lighthead from me. We talked and agreed as long as I was recycling the batteries.....

They've been pretty good about what constitutes a trade in.

mtbr member
    NCFisherman and Olegbabich, Betweenrides is correct, the various remains of your systems will make a fine offering, I am sure I can use those parts on my evil robot. E-mail me at Shannon@BajaDesigns.com and I will send you the trade-in form. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks for the help Betweenrides.

You guys have a Merry Christmas, if I don't talk to you between now and then!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hi Shannon,

You've already sent me the form, but I had to wait until after xmas to see about getting a new light. Is the trade up program still Available?

I have an old planet bike alias 15watt light, but the blub has burnt out.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    It's been going on for a couple of months, so I assume Shannon will let us know when it's no longer available. Besides, send it in, even if it's not, since Shannon's the decision maker he'll probably make an exception for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbosler
    Hi Shannon,

You've already sent me the form, but I had to wait until after xmas to see about getting a new light. Is the trade up program still Available?

I have an old planet bike alias 15watt light, but the blub has burnt out.

Thanks!
    J_Hopper is correct, the Trade-Up program will be going for a little while longer, it is a great deal and has been quite popular so I have no plans of ending it anytime soon.

Your burnt out Planet Bike light will make a fine addition to the evil robot I am building with the traded-in lights.

Both the Strykr and Strykr Pro are currently in stock, just let me know when you're ready.

Shannon

mtbr member
    If you guys are going to the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo and are thinking about trading in your old light, we will be there by Thursday morning prior to the race. If you'd like to try out a Baja Designs Strykr or Strykr Pro you can demo one either Thrusday or Friday night and trade in your old light right there at the race if you'd like, I will bring a bunch of Strykrs/Pros just for that purpose. I am planning on going for a night ride of the course on Thursday night if anybody wants to roll out with me, it's not necessarily a demo ride, I just want to check out the 2011 course.

If you'd like to do the Trade-Up program prior to the race that is fine too. Let me know if you have any questions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm ashamed to say, but I've only used my Strykr for commuting, no night MTB rides yet. However, I can say that it has met my expectations, which were probably inflated. It is an outstanding light. With 20-20 hindsight, I would buy the Strykr all over again.

mtbr member
    Don't be embarrassed J_Hopper, you probably spend much more time in the saddle than I do. I am glad your Strykr is working good for you. Let me know if you ever need anything.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Will you have a rental program at the old pueblo

I ask because my current light is about toast but finances will not allow me to purchase a new light at this time even at your great deals cost . I checked out your lights at 12 hrs of Temecula and was empressed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelon
    I ask because my current light is about toast but finances will not allow me to purchase a new light at this time even at your great deals cost . I checked out your lights at 12 hrs of Temecula and was empressed.
    Hi Pelon,

Strykr and Strykr Pro rentals will be available at the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo for $30. If you want one email me and I will put you on the list. You can write me at Shannon@bajadesigns.com and we'll get you all set. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Hey Shannon,

I have a few lights i'm considering trading in. Can i trade in multiple lights towards one Stryker or Stryker Pro?

thanks

jr

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr711
    Hey Shannon,

I have a few lights i'm considering trading in. Can i trade in multiple lights towards one Stryker or Stryker Pro?

thanks

jr
    Hi JR,

Sure you can trade in one light each towards a Strykr and Strykr Pro, in other words one trade in light per new system. Hopefully that helps. The Strykr and Strykr Pro are in stock right now. Just email me at Shannon@BajaDesigns.com and I'll email the form out to you.

Thanks,

Shannon

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Shannon,

If we are planning on trading up in Tucson should we get on a list or do you think you will have plenty. Assuming the lights are as nice as I read on hear I would like to take advantage of the offer. Also, will you be able to run credit cards or would check/cash be needed.

Thanks

Aaron

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKamp
    Shannon,

If we are planning on trading up in Tucson should we get on a list or do you think you will have plenty. Assuming the lights are as nice as I read on hear I would like to take advantage of the offer. Also, will you be able to run credit cards or would check/cash be needed.

Thanks

Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

It'd probably be a good idea to get on the list so I can set a system or two aside for you. Cash will probably be best out in the desert. Just email me with your full name and whatever type of system (Strykr or Strykr Pro) and I'll have one with your name on it. If you'd like you can take one out for a demo ride Thursday or Friday night to see how you like them. My email is Shannon@BajaDesigns.com or you can reach me after Feb. 16th or during the event at (619)861-5598. Let me know if you have any questions.

See you out there!

Shannon

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Shannon- Email Sent

Please set a light aside for me.

mtbr member
    Please set a light aside for me.
    Consider it done. Did I mention our lights will come with free Manzanita Brewing Company beer for the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo? It's true - I'll save some of that for you as well if you'd like.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I certainly won't turn it down.

mtbr member
    I certainly won't turn it down.
    Excellent! See you at the race!

Warrior's Society
    BDShannon:

Was just looking on the website.......

I see the Stryker & Pro indicate 700 lumens on high....what are the burn times and lumen rating on each setting?
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    BDShannon:

Was just looking on the website.......

I see the Stryker & Pro indicate 700 lumens on high....what are the burn times and lumen rating on each setting?

Hi MtnBikeJ,

Sorry to see you broke your leg! Sounds like your Tallboy made out okay though eh?

I apologize for our website, it is...ummm...lackluster at best, luckily it is in the process of being revamped.

The burn times for both systems are 3, 6, 12hrs and then 30hrs on the flashing mode. The light output pretty much follows suit, in other words the 6hr setting roughly half as bright as the three hour setting. I generally roll around with my bar mounted Strykr on the 6hr setting (which to my eyes is brighter/whiter than my trusty old NiteRider HID system) and my helmet mounted Pro on the 6hr or even 12hr setting so I have plenty of reserve should something unexpected happen.

Both lights come with a lifetime warranty on the light head and on the electronics as well as a 2yr warranty on the battery, our systems are built to last. They are also completely waterproof, not just water resistant like most systems, I actually used my personal Strykr Pro to night dive on a reef outside our hotel in Maui on my Honeymoon in December.

Hopefully that helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions, or if you like me to send you the Trade-Up Program forms. If you'd like the forms drop me a line at Shannon@BajaDesigns.com and I'll send them out, both the Strykr and Strykr Pro are in stock.

Thanks,

Shannon

mtbr member
    Happy Spring Time everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that the Trade-Up Program is going on. The Strykr and Strykr Pro are both in stock and ready for summer's heat avoiding night and early morning rides and of course all of the 24hr races going on this summer.

If you have any questions or would like me to send you the trade-in form, drop me a line at Shannon@BajaDesigns.com, we look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Trails!,

Shannon