offroader
    Dec 2008

2 NiteRider Minewt Mini USB good enough

I recently purchased 2 NiteRider Minewt Mini USB one for the my helmet and one for my bar. I'm curious if I made the right decision or should I have purchased a brighter system for my bar?

mtbr member
    Could be OK for the road, but as there is only a single LED in each light I don't think it is enough for off road.
    Maybe put them both on the bar and get another light for the helmet.
    A spot beam is best for helmet use.

mtbr member
    i ride with cateye double shot (helmet) and triple shot (bar). I have two friends that ride with one mini (helmet) and another who rides with the regular minewt (bar). They all seem to ride okay with the one mini. Occasionally my friend would borrow my old trail rat 10w halogen for the bars. He says he does ride faster, better and for confident having a second light on the bars. I think the mini has equal or better than my old double shot.

so i think you'll be okay with the two minis. Although, if i were to stick with niterider and the minewt series i would probably go for the Minewt and Minewt dual. but that is twice the price.

I'd prefer the brighter/better light for my helmet especially for tight single track. I mainly use the bar for peripheral vision and contrast. I feel like i loose depth perception when only riding with a helmet light.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Cool I'm hoping 2 will be enough. Thanks

Dirt Junkie

It's what I use

2 work fine for my trails. i ride tight singletrack with lots of trees, real close. If I had double the light I would just get alot more glare. If I lived out west with faster more open trails maybe I would need more light, but the Mini USB's work fine for me at a very reasonable price.

Rock