Thread: XML or XPG ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

XML or XPG ?

So I am going to order parts today for my new helmet light and now not sure which way I should go. I am building an amoeba clone with the 1 1/2" back case and I was wanting to use XP-G2's but I can't find them in a neutral tint so figured I'd just settle for XP-G's. Then started thinking why not use XM-L's??? I am going to be running a Maxflex driver since I have one on had so that limits my output to 1.2 amp's if I remember correctly. So I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the XM-L's but it sounds like they should put out more light with the same amps. Just curious what you guys would do. Will be running a 7.4v 2600mah battery pack with 3 LED's. Thanks again for all the great help you guys have given. Jim

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    If driven at 1.2A (1.3A), XP-E will handle that current. For a helmet light you want throw and with 3 XP-Es and Reginas there will be plenty.

Just my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you want a nice color temp and tint and cant wait for gp-g2 and also want silicon carbide there is an option its also dirt cheap. xt-e may be the way to go.