Thread: XML 'Bastid"

Light freak

XML 'Bastid"

Let the frenzy begin -
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-808e...-4x18650-57100

Looks like a new battery. How about the charger?

mtbr member
    ..lol, how about 1000 lumens @2.4A
    yes its the new battery, i wonder what the true capacity is though!
    ...Scun.thorpe, UK

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone actually want SOS mode?

removing nudity
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLee
    Anyone actually want SOS mode?
    I think many people with bastid lights might at some point

mtbr member
    May 2010
    My initial thoughts were how well the reflector would be matched with the led?, it looks the same as the P7 version with an adaptor plate?
    Last edited by MrLee; 03-05-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Dirt Deviant
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26
    I think many people with bastid lights might at some point
    Bwahahahahaha!!!
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    No surprise.
    I think XML are cheaper than P7.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    How many companies make this light the bastid .

I see no mention of Magicshine in that dx listing .Edit apart from on the box silly me
    and Smudge was trawling around for battery bags and in his search had contact with a chinese person who then offered him XML bastid lookalikes .amongst a million other products.

He commented he also wanted some of the magicshine extension cables to be told we are not magic shine and dont make their lights .

Got a couple of samples on the way now .so should have one in bits soon

be interesting to see if the reflector is different to the P7 version as I tried one on an xml and it was not great .
    Last edited by troutie-mtb; 03-05-2011 at 11:51 PM.

PRETENDURO
    Where the f**k do they pull these 2.4A claims from, their anus? We all know the build/quality (and shipping promises) of Dealextreme, why do they need to make these false claims? Yes, I still buy tons of their crap regardless.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by troutie-mtb
    How many companies make this light the bastid .

I see no mention of Magicshine in that dx listing .Edit apart from on the box silly me
    and Smudge was trawling around for battery bags and in his search had contact with a chinese person who then offered him XML bastid lookalikes .amongst a million other products.

He commented he also wanted some of the magicshine extension cables to be told we are not magic shine and dont make their lights .

Got a couple of samples on the way now .so should have one in bits soon

be interesting to see if the reflector is different to the P7 version as I tried one on an xml and it was not great .
    It has it on the box picture.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutie-mtb
    ....be interesting to see if the reflector is different to the P7 version as I tried one on an xml and it was not great .
    My take on this: I agree, it looks very much like the reflectors used ( and designed for ) the P-7's. If that is indeed the case I expect the beam pattern to be very much " a wall of light" or wide flood to say it differently. Personally I would rather see the beam pattern be either a mix of flood and medium throw or like my KD C8 torch, a nice long throwing central spot.
    Can't wait to see some user beam shots.

In order to get the longer throw they're going to have to use a wider reflector ( like in my C8 ). That reflector is about 38mm in diameter and looks deeper than what is used with the P-7's. I don't think one of them will fit in this refitted MS lamp host.

To bad they decided to use the old MS driver as well. To get the most out of the XML you really do need to get the output more near 3A. Still with all things considered, If you don't already own a bar lamp and want one that has lots of flood, this could be just what you've been waiting for. Even at 2.4A it should be a bit brighter than the original P-7 'shines. Looks like they're using the new "coated" battery, hopefully an improvement over the original stuff.

Trout, I know when you get your order in that you'll be doing a beam shot but let us know what you think of the battery as well.