Thread: Workin'

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Workin'

Hi there gang, I thot I'd share a few photo's with you. It was only a few years ago, that I was night riding with incandescent lights and poor batteries. Thanks to this forum I have switched to LED's and Li-ion batteries. The led's are 8X more efficient then the incandescent bulbs, the li-ion batteries have 4X the energy at 1/4 the weight of the older batteries. I'm very happy. I'll probably be happier when fuel cells become available. lol My current favorite bar light is two MCE's, one with a LM1-D optic, one with a wide Frean. The helmet light is four XPG's with Regina reflectors. Very nice spot with ample spill. I try to get all testing and construction done in the summer so I'll be ready to ride in the winter with the short days. However, this year has been SO F'ING HOT that I have been doing a lot of riding at night. I rode yesterday afternoon, the temp at 1500 was 102.3 F. I'm old and the heat kicks my ass!Workin'-battery-balancer.jpg

Workin'-front-close-ups.jpg

Workin'-pesky-new-stuff.jpg

Workin'-workbench.jpg

Workin'-current-crop.jpg

Workin'-bar-light-helmet-light.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Good looking group of lights there.

Riding at night is a must here in Texas.
    Last night at 8:00 PM, 2000 hours, it was 98 degrees F, 36.7 C.
    There is always riding early morning, but just can't motivate myself in the AM.
    At least we can build lights while waiting for cooler temps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks OD, I just love the "table saw" light cases. I have done 90% of my mountain biking after dark this year.