mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Winter project: Upgrade my Switchback 2

Need some input here. Always looking for more light. Use my SB2 on my helmet with an L&M ARC on the bars. Combo does pretty good. Found a thread that someone upgraded their SB with Seoul U-bin P4's. Alittle more throw with the SB2 would be nice.

Anyone comment what improvement this would make over stock? Current output versus modded output?

I took the lens cover off and looked at the LED assembly, so they are easy to get to.

Anyone care to list me out a procedure on the best way to desolder and solder these things on? How to determine the + lead? I have the soldering iron, anybody use any additional tools?

Steps? Precautions? Tips?

Just trying to determine if the benefit out weighs the trouble, and learn a new skill and minimize the risk of failure.

Thanks for the comments and tips.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    ttt

Off the back...
    My wife has the SB2, and the output is okay. I am quite interested in seeing if the output could be increased. Have you got any pics of the inside of the light?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I did an upgrade on my sb2 last year and it was easy. figuring out the neg and pos was about the hardest part for me. Make sure you have some heat sink paste of some sort. I will admit that I just used what was in the light itself and it was enough, but I kept an eye on it for a while. Been about a season's worth now and still going strong. I think I used seoul p4's but honestly can't remember. It made a huge difference and was well worth the effort.