mtbr member

who was who used a Tina3-S aspheric optic?

I remember someone (mrradlos?) using a Ledil Tina aspheric optic (tada! Led lighting - Products | Ledil), but I can't find the thread to check out the beam shots. Thinking about one for a new helmet light along with an LED-DNA 10deg optic, but Digikey don't sell them in quantities of less than 500 (bit more than I need) and I don't want to pay crazy postage at Mouser just to find out that it's not for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yes, I use some for a simple light.

Quote Originally Posted by mrradlos View Post
    Well, that's the best my compact camera could manage - about 1800 lumens on the white wall was a bit too much.

Attachment 696772

Attachment 696773

Small square is XM-L T6, 3A with ahortons aspheric lens (troutie uses these in his spyder eyes and sells them I think), the big square is two XM-L T6 3A each with Tina3 optic and "diffusor-filter" shown in the picture before. The Tina3 projects a square that is about four times bigger and four times less bright?

Notice the square light comming out of the square light!!!
    Ahortons aspheric lenses are much better, but also bigger und much heavier. I ordered mine directly by Ledil.

PS: I have to get used to the new homepage, can't find my posts, to quote them is difficult too!

mtbr member
    thanks mrradlos, I knew it was you but I just couldn't find the post Going by the beamshots they might not be quite what I'm after - the LXP/M series gives a wide spot like that, but with a round shape that would sit better with the 2nd optic. Thanks though!