mtbr member

Who is Laura Ledil

Laura Ledil

getting towards aspherical here wonder if it will have the same effect on the XPGs

help with the zip please
    Let us know when you try one

Seriously though how does a round lense, I know the holder is square, end up with such a rectangular beam pattern and I wonder what has caused the two little black spots on the right hand side corners?

mtbr member
    Hi Emu26, those dark spots are probably where the leads cover the die, being an aspherical type lens it basically just projects the die, sometimes they even project the details and edges of the die clearly.

The beamshot should be interesting with an XPG. It looks like a tiny dome in the center of the lens, but I can't really tell.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffyPuffy
    Hi Emu26, those dark spots are probably where the leads cover the die, being an aspherical type lens it basically just projects the die, sometimes they even project the details and edges of the die clearly.

The beamshot should be interesting with an XPG. It looks like a tiny dome in the center of the lens, but I can't really tell.
    Its kind of a cross between aspheric and TIR. The dome on the front projects the die shape as noted instead of creating spill... better hotspot.
    Its almost identical to the CXP
    http://www.ledil.com/datasheets/DataSheet_CXP.pdf
    http://www.ledil.com/datasheets/DataSheet_Laura-XP.pdf

And Emily looks a lot like the old rocket!
    Last edited by znomit; 04-11-2010 at 03:47 AM.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Its almost identical to the CXP
    Wow, almost identical indeed! Looking at the datasheets, I can't really see much difference? Ledil must have found some need to make another with just 0.5 degree difference in the same form factor though.