mtbr member

Where are you buying 3-up and 4-up XML?

I have two nice 7-up bodies (so 40mm ID) and I'm only using one right now. I thought maybe I could build a really nice 3-up or 4-up XML light - hopefully with one of George's drivers so I could fine tune the brightness levels.

So, I live in the US - where's (and what) are the best XML 3-up and 4-up boards? I plan to use an HB flex so that I can use my Geomangear batteries.

Anyhoo, suggestions are welcome, thanks
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Cutter and Led-Tech. Led-Tech also has 35mm 7-up XM-L copper PCB with direct heat path.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster79 View Post
    Cutter and Led-Tech. Led-Tech also has 35mm 7-up XM-L copper PCB with direct heat path.
    Yeah, but that 7-up is just going to burn through a battery in 40 minutes and probably burn off my handlebars anyway. I'm hoping to build something more reasonable this time. What would be really nice is a 5-up with 3XPG and 2 XPE or something like that burning at about 1.4A. Maybe I'll just buy the 4-up XPG I can get real cheap here and try it at 1.5A. Should be able to dissipate the heat.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    just be aware that the PCB overcurrent protection in those GG batteries is set on the conservative side and other people using them with boost drivers and triple set ups have had problems at higher current levels (1.4A on a L333 module I think). Not much of a solution, admittedly, but worth knowing about at least.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    just be aware that the PCB overcurrent protection in those GG batteries is set on the conservative side and other people using them with boost drivers and triple set ups have had problems at higher current levels (1.4A on a L333 module I think). Not much of a solution, admittedly, but worth knowing about at least.
    I guess I'll find out. My easy2led just showed up so I can put my high output L334 in it.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    true. Let us know how you get on, it would be good to have a few more points of reference.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    My Geomangear can't handle my L334 dual 10 watt + 6.5 watt set up. At full power, the battery PCB cuts the power off at about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Should get 2.5 hours. Can only get full battery run time if I run it at half power.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkBike View Post
    My Geomangear can't handle my L334 dual 10 watt + 6.5 watt set up. At full power, the battery PCB cuts the power off at about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Should get 2.5 hours. Can only get full battery run time if I run it at half power.
    So I should be just fine running 1 L334 1440 lumen light, no? Sweet
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Gticlay, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Here's hoping your L334+ Geomangear battery works just fine. Like mattthemuppet said, "it would be good to have a few more points of reference".