mtbr member
    Dec 2009

where to source led's and drivers in uk

Hi,

I have been looking through the forum for a few weeks and decided to give it a go.

i am having a few problems finding some where to buy some cree led's in the uk, the same allies to drivers!

also if some one could tell me the difference between a bflex driver $30 and a cheap $5 one.

many thanks

Ad

mtbr member
    Most of us get our stuff from Cutter's in Australia.
    You can get the maxflex and blfex from dstar as he's the UK distributer. But LEDs its Cutter.
    The cheap DX drivers arent nearly as good as the Taskled ones. Sure, they do work, most of the time. But with Taskled you get super service and support. The bflex has voltage settings to protect your battery, temp settings to protect the driver and the led. And they work!

Basically the difference between getting a VW Golf GTI or a cheap Chineese knock off!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    thanks for a quick reply,

the kits look interesting, do you know what the postage would be for something like this.
    any import taxes usually?

mtbr member
    Shipping is usually up to two weeks. I usually forget I have ordered stuff and when it arrives its a nice surprise!
    No import taxes yet. I have had ordered upwards of 150 and no problems. You can register and put together a order. You can see the shipping cost well before you have to input any account details. AU$12 rings a bell.

mtbr member
    Shipping is usually up to two weeks. I usually forget I have ordered stuff and when it arrives its a nice surprise!
    No import taxes yet. I have had ordered upwards of 150 and no problems. You can register and put together a order. You can see the shipping cost well before you have to input any account details. AU$12 rings a bell.

mtbr member
    Have a chat with Dstar, he is the contact in the uk for Taskled drivers (maxflex + Bflex only), he also sells optics..
    http://www.dstar-led.com/DIY/diy_drivers.html
    http://www.dstar-led.com/Buy/buy_optics.html

steve@dstar-led.com

Just a flesh wound

LED Supply

They are a bit pricey, but they hail from New England (Vermont). Good folks who are willing to lend advice and appreciate your business. They ship the same day or next. If they don't have it they will tell you.

Members who have read this thread: 0