mtbr member
    Apr 2007

What should I do now?

I recently just bought a sigma bc 1106 computer and it worked great until this morning when I got my bar caught on a tree and ripped the wire out. So now I have two options. I could buy another wire mount($7), a wireless mount($17). Has anyone had good luck with sigma's wireless upgrade kit?

wot no bike?
    Personally I never liked wireless computers for the sole reason that you have yet another battery to replace. For one of my bicycles I bought a wireless unit and it became more of an annoyance than anything else. If you tack down the wire pretty good I'd say you can minimize snagging. Just my opinion of course...
    pete

trail rat
    I've got an old Sigma Sport (so old I cannot find the model) that has been going strong on about 6 bikes over 5 years or so. I liked (now using a Garmin Edge 305) that it was easily transferable bike to bike with each one having a wireless base.

I found the unit battery goes about 2-3 years, the base and transmitter batteries need replaced yearly. They are cheap 2032 or 2035 button cells.

I also like wireless for no wire snag, since I'm in coastal CA and the chaparral loves to grab everything it can. Like you, I tore out 2 wired bases before I switched to wireless.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie