mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Upgrading Stella 300 Dual

Hey Guys,

Are there any mods to increase the light output of the Stella 300 Dual's? I really like tiny form factor and light weight but I'm looking for a bit more light - maybe an LED upgrade?

Thanks,

Mike

Do It Yourself
    I'm not sure what light engine they are using but with the constant updates in technology, chances are it's not the latest and greatest. However, L&M does a very good job with tuning the reflectors to put the light where you want it. So you could replace the LED but it might not work as well with the stock reflector.

Also, they aren't driving it all that hard in order to get decent run times with a 3 cell pack. With a full 1A current driver, you would increase the output at the expense of run time.
    Long Live Long Rides

Single Speed Junkie
    I really like the Stella lights as well. However pumping out more light would be appreciated. In doing so I'm not sure if the housing could take the heat if you bumped it up significantly. Perhaps an XPG would be a good start for an upgrade, but as Homebrew mentioned the optics might need some adjustments.