mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Troutie.. How dare you...

Supply me with goods so fast and on time.
    Put such a huge grin on my face and make me happy
    Give me something that is gonna seriously p' the boys off on local trails.

Yep, my Troutie 7UP arrived today and I am seriously happy..
    Thank you..

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hey EFM,
    Thats quicker than his DownHill Biking Skilz
    Spent a long weekend a few weeks ago with him and a few others biking in Scotland via Walna Scar

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smudgemtbuk
    Hey EFM,
    Thats quicker than his DownHill Biking Skilz
    Spent a long weekend a few weeks ago with him and a few others biking in Scotland via Walna Scar

Oi you were on a skill compensator I was on a broken hardtail .

Jeez Efmax you scared the hell out of me with the title
    I take it you approve then

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Attention seeking title... Yes, I am very happy with everything thanks... Photos do not really do this light justice, it is a work of art... You deserve the praise..

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Idea!

You're gonna love it EFM... But now you're gonna need juice!

I'm super impressed with my Troutie 7-up, but I gave up on the 4x18650 pack I started out with. (the driver would go red light after just 15-20 min. on high) Now I run a LiPo 5000mAh beast that drops just .1v on full power and lasts for longer than any ride I've done so far. (I should really test how long someday...)

You can get the great Battman charger and a LiPo battery at OK Hobby ( http://www.okhobby.com/product.php?id_product=1040 ) for less than $100. Use a few MagicShine extension cables from DX ( http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32751 ) and some Dean connectors to wire it up safely and you're good to go. I used an old water bottle battery case from my old NiteRider Digital 12/20w set. Just ripped out the old NiCads then nicely cradled the LiPo in a shock-absorbing foam sleeve in the bottle. (Gotta be careful not to bang LiPos around too much, y'know) Kudos to KW, who did all the tricky wiring and built up the Troutie for me by the way...

Now I don't keep the 7-up on MID setting so much and am oh-so spoiled rotten.

Welcome to the 7-up club!

Cheers, CC

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Juice is no problem as I have used it to replace my 2.5amp draw HID unit so I have stepped away from 12x 18650's at 11.1v and a 3.5hr burn time and reconfigured it to run at 14.8v on 6.6AH,, was going to go higher but decided to save on the weight cos I figured at 1.6amp draw I should still be good for at least 3 good hours.. actually weighed my bike today and considering I have two sets of lights with a total of 28x 18650's permanently on the bike it still weighed in at under 40ibs, which for what it is and what it is used for, it pretty darn good.. still making mental adjustments from the difference between this and the HID, they are different but in different ways than expected.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yup... You're juiced up enough alright! But 28 18650s ? WOW

You may want to run 14.8v LiPos just to save space & weight ! (the 5000mAh LiPo weighs in at 1.1 lb.)

But hey... pushing a 40lb. bike will whip you into awesome shape for racing. Kinda like resistance training. I know when I take my 10lb. studded tires off in the spring I feel like superman on semislicks for a week or two.

Have a blast!

CC

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by curiously-coherent
    Yup... You're juiced up enough alright! But 28 18650s ? WOW..CC
    OTT I know but 12x for the 7 UP and 16x for the Lupine..

You may want to run 14.8v LiPos just to save space & weight ! (the 5000mAh LiPo weighs in at 1.1 lb.) CC
    .. Food for thought.. when I re-configured stuff the other night I did weigh the 12x pack and the case they were in and it came to 600g (about 1.3ibs)

But hey... pushing a 40lb. bike will whip you into awesome shape for racing. Kinda like resistance training. I know when I take my 10lb. studded tires off in the spring I feel like superman on semislicks for a week or two. CC
    .. I have kind of got used to it now and I guess you are right cos when I see those weenie weight racers past me I do feel a little left behind.. but then I just dream of my off road ride later that night and I smile.. Cheers..