mtbr member
    Mar 2007

New question here. Trinewt users...

anybody using the Trinewt as a handlebar light in addition to a helmet light? If so, which helmet light would be a good pairing for the Trinewt?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie_20
    anybody using the Trinewt as a handlebar light in addition to a helmet light? If so, which helmet light would be a good pairing for the Trinewt?

BUMP!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    anyone think the stella 180 would be a good helmet light to go with the trinewt on the handlebars?

mtbr member
    Looked at the Exposure Joystick MaXx?

Not cheap, but I would love one as a helmet light

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It would be okay but I prefer using something brighter that that on the helmet. If you want one LED, maybe consider the wireless Exposure lights Joystick.

Otherwise, I'd recommend something a bit brighter. I like lights like the Trinewt on the helmet but I also prefer keeping them well under 200 grams, which the Trinewt isn't. If you can handle the weight, use another Trinewt on the helmet. Otherwise, get an even better light like the Dinotte 600L, Wilma, or comparable light.

I think if I were going to use a smallish helmet light, the wireless Joystick would be my first choice. It's under 100 grams including the battery and 100% self-contained.

I use the Lupine Wilma on the helmet. It's quite a bit brighter than the Trinewt but more importantly, it's a LOT lighter at 125 grams versus the Trinewt's 200-230 grams. You have a lot of choices but under $250, I like the Joystick and the Dinotte 200L. If you like the Trinewt and have a helmet like the Giro Hex, Zen, or Fox Flux, the Trinewt may be okay on the helmet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    It would be okay but I prefer using something brighter that that on the helmet. If you want one LED, maybe consider the wireless Exposure lights Joystick.

Otherwise, I'd recommend something a bit brighter. I like lights like the Trinewt on the helmet but I also prefer keeping them well under 200 grams, which the Trinewt isn't. If you can handle the weight, use another Trinewt on the helmet. Otherwise, get an even better light like the Dinotte 600L, Wilma, or comparable light.

I think if I were going to use a smallish helmet light, the wireless Joystick would be my first choice. It's under 100 grams including the battery and 100% self-contained.

I use the Lupine Wilma on the helmet. It's quite a bit brighter than the Trinewt but more importantly, it's a LOT lighter at 125 grams versus the Trinewt's 200-230 grams. You have a lot of choices but under $250, I like the Joystick and the Dinotte 200L. If you like the Trinewt and have a helmet like the Giro Hex, Zen, or Fox Flux, the Trinewt may be okay on the helmet.

thanks for the advice...i actually have the Giro Hex helmet. i dont mind the weight of the trinewt on top..so my next question would be: what would be a good light for the handlebars if i use the trinewt on my helmet? the trinewt is a great light, but im trying to maximize light output.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Another Trinewt would be great. You could also look at the Minewt Dual. If sharing batteries and chargers isn't a requirement, check out the others I mentioned earlier. Nothing wrong with two Trinewts if you already have one. You can pick one up for around $300 and a Minewt Dual for $200 or less.

It's nice to be able to share batteries and chargers. That's one of the reasons I have two Lupines. I assume the NR stuff is inter-usable. I'm trying to stay within the Trinewt budget here but if you can spend more, look at the Lupines. The Wilma and Betty are amazing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Another Trinewt would be great. You could also look at the Minewt Dual. If sharing batteries and chargers isn't a requirement, check out the others I mentioned earlier. Nothing wrong with two Trinewts if you already have one. You can pick one up for around $300 and a Minewt Dual for $200 or less.

It's nice to be able to share batteries and chargers. That's one of the reasons I have two Lupines. I assume the NR stuff is inter-usable. I'm trying to stay within the Trinewt budget here but if you can spend more, look at the Lupines. The Wilma and Betty are amazing.

I use a Trinewt on the bars and a Minewt X2 on the helmet. I could not want for any more light. The bright wide beam of the Trinewt lights up everthing on the trail well ahead of me. And the very bright spot on the MinewtX2 is perfect for lighting where I am looking-mounted opn the helmet. The MinewtX2 can be found for about $150 and is the perfect compliment for the Trinewt on the bars.

And FYI- the chrgers ARE the same for both lights, but the batteries are not. Not a problem for me since I use them both at the same time-why would I need to be able to swap batteries???

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    TridenX would be good for helmet mount as you can change the lens to what you like. it's got the 2 18650 cell that is lightweight to put battery even on the helmet. for $240 for TridenX, it's a good combo to Trinewt on the handlebar, which is too heavy for helmet mount.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Trinewt on bars + ARC on helmet

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarshack
    I use a Trinewt on the bars and a Minewt X2 on the helmet. I could not want for any more light. The bright wide beam of the Trinewt lights up everthing on the trail well ahead of me. And the very bright spot on the MinewtX2 is perfect for lighting where I am looking-mounted opn the helmet. The MinewtX2 can be found for about $150 and is the perfect compliment for the Trinewt on the bars.

And FYI- the chrgers ARE the same for both lights, but the batteries are not. Not a problem for me since I use them both at the same time-why would I need to be able to swap batteries???

+1
    using the same chargers makes everything simpler. I'd recomend the Stella only if you had an ARC HID or if you wanted to have the hastle of two different chargers.