Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005

TriNewt or 2 Minewt x2 's

I can get the one TriNewt or a MiNewt x2 + MiNewt x2 dual for the about the same price. So would it be better to run the single TriNewt as a helmet mount vs a MiNewt on the helmet + dual MiNewt on the bars? By the way thanks to Flyer for all his postings.

UFO Bike Commander
    The dual MiNewt halves your run time vs a single MiNewt... but it's twice as bright...
    A dual only has 3 settings... Both Hi, Both Low, Both Flash (and Both Off, ok, so it's 4). Your idea of the Dual and the X2 does have merit though... the batteries are interchangeable as are the chargers.

FYI, I'm running 2 X2's and A Wireless TriNewt currently (I need longer burn times).

Get LIT! and Be Seen!
    K'Tesh
    beam(dot)to/ufobike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are you running your trinewt on the helmet? If so how has that worked for you? Also pics?

UFO Bike Commander

Idea! 12 days of Christmas, and the Headless Cyclist!

Quote Originally Posted by CHSAD
    Are you running your trinewt on the helmet? If so how has that worked for you? Also pics?
    No the Tri is on the handlebar, as is one of the Newts, the other Newt is on the helmet (complete w/battery). I've curretly also have an Evolution Smart, and a Cateye EL400 on the bar. 6 led light sticks on the wheels (3/wheel), 2 performance viewpoints on the backpack, 2 Planet Bike Superflashes (one on backpack, one on seatpack), a NR Universal taillight, and a Dual Ice Blue Down Low Glow (from http://www.rockthebike.com)

(now if you could only sing that to the 12 days of Christmas)

I'm able to blind everything out there, but unfortunatly I encountered a blind motorist and now am nursing a broken leg (in two places)... Damn Left hook.

pics? Ok, how's this one? LOL!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/...5bba10b979.jpg
    [SIZE="1"]OMG! It's the Headless Cyclist! Terror of Portland's Motorists![/SIZE]
    beam(dot)to/ufobike