mtbr member

Sinkpad copper XM-L/ XP-G 20mm stars GB on BLF

There's a group buy on Sinkpad copper XM-L/ XP-G stars on BLF if anyone's interested. Basically they're copper stars that have a direct to copper (no dialectric) solder joint for the thermal pad under the LED, so heat transfer is significantly better than either standard alu or cu+dialectric boards. Cooler LED = more light

Cost is a reasonable $2.50 + $2-3 p+p in the US, plus you'll have to buy your own LEDs (like the $7.50 XM-L2 CW at Illumination Supply!). Not as cheap as alu stars (50c) but not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

Group buy thread:
    GB: 20mm Sinkpad copper boards | BudgetLightForum.com

Original discussion thread:
    32mm diameter copper boards: testing the water | BudgetLightForum.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Just to add, the quantity got over 300 so the price went down to $1.50 each.

Link for ordering: Order now 20mm sinkpad copper boards | BudgetLightForum.com
    The study du jour: can one's reputation be artificially inflated by simply putting a request for rep in one's sig?

mtbr member
    thanks borrower, forgot to add that I'm getting 10, which should hopefully last me for a while.

help with the zip please
    how do you plan to attach the leds Matt? Reflow soldering on the stove top?

mtbr member
    yep, it's easy enough that even a 10 thumbed idiot like me can do it XP-x sized LEDs are a little fiddlier, but XM-Ls are massive by comparison. Hopefully by the time these arrive Digikey will have XM-L2s in stock in single quantities (anyone need 249 XM-L2s?).

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    thanks borrower, forgot to add that I'm getting 10, which should hopefully last me for a while.
    I missed the group buy and was wondering if you'd be willing to part with 2 of them?

mtbr member
    sorry, they're all spoken for. However, Nitro said he was going to get extras, so PM him and see if he has any spare.