mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Simple Charger question

Looking for a simple but good charger for my 7.4v li-ion 2600mah packs......I do not want to wire in balance leads so I'm looking for something that just has one wire to plug in and charge......Led status light would be nice.....I have the Lupine Wiesel but I've read on here that it is only for lupine batteries? I am looking for that simplicity though!!

mtbr member
    is your Lupine Wiesel charger for Nimh or Li-ion ?
    if its Li-ion, you can charge your new 2S (7.4v) li-ion 2600mah packs

...Scun.thorpe, UK

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've actually been discussing that in another thread here....I just charged up my tenergy 7.4v 2600mah pack with it and it charged to 8.5v.

There have been a few hits as to wether that is Over charged or not? Still kind of iffy to me...

mtbr member
    .....0.1v = overcharged ?
    whats the voltage on your lupine battery?
    ...Scun.thorpe, UK

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    8.5v when I took it off the charger.......4.2v per cell is supposed to be the MAX on li-ions.......There are mixed thoughts about it being a big deal or not....

I agree that if it was unsafe the overcharge protection of the PCB should kick in..

Here is the other link..

Li-ion max voltage

mtbr member
    This is a quote from BatterySpace regarding the latest higher spec Japanese cells :

To reach max capacity of 2800mAh, you MUST charge the battery to 4.35V. PCB with 4.35V cut-off must be applied. However, all our current smart chargers do NOT support 4.35V. (4.2V cut-off version)
    So it could be that Lupine use these Japenese cells.

For your new Chinese pack look for a Chinese charger. I have a Tenergy charger that I no longer require that charges to 4.18 per cell that I keep meaning to sell.
    http://www.tenergybattery.com/index....mart&Itemid=27
    PM me if it's of use.