mtbr member

Show me your remote switches....please

Hi all
    New helmet light under design. Trying to keep it nice and small and one of the major factors for size are my switches.
    I know there have been a few great remote switches done so was hoping some of you could post up a few details etc for me to have a look at? Needs to be a momentary switch..
    Cheers
    Steve

Rep Power Infinity +2
    Here's a simple switch using a tactile switch inside some heatshrink

This switch was made using a smaller tactile switch but mounting it inside one of those cheap handlebar flashers. This switch also had the stat led mounted inside so I can see the low power warnings remote to the light

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    my last couple I've just rewired the Easy2Led remote switch - but that's only cause I wasn't able to solder the leads that came with those switches very well.

I've also made a couple very similar to brad72's tactile switch and heatshrink - but I take the tac switch and pot it inside a nylon washer or nylon nut using hot glue. Then I put a little piece of foam rubber over the button before heatshrinking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me your remote switches....please-2013-01-26_09-56-35_384.jpg  

mtbr member
    As good as tact switches are,
    i`m surprised nobody has done a reed switch version
    here`s my offering, .... remote bar switch
    Last edited by HEY HEY ITS HENDO; 01-26-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added link
    ...Scun.thorpe, UK

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY HEY ITS HENDO View Post
    As good as tact switches are,
    i`m surprised nobody has done a reed switch version
    Don't reed switches require a magnet to actuate?

mtbr member

Cheapo switch

I used a cheapo clicky switch, glued a nylon waher to it, liquid electrical tape to make water resistant and a flashlight button super glued to it. (I didn't have any heat shrink tubing that would work......)

On the back some velcro to mate to brain bucket (not shown)
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    09 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Some great little switches there...thanks guys

I've got loads of the bFlex switches so will look at going down that route I think.

mtbr member
    I'd avoid the old bflex switches - I used one in a bar remote and for about a year it would bounce enough on the bumps to change modes. It's stopped now (no idea why) but it was damn annoying while it happened. No idea if it was due to my housing design or the switch itself, but decent momentary switches are so cheap it doesn't make sense to use something that might not work as intended.