Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Should I buy an Edge 305?

4K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  ryan123 
#1 ·
I am currrently using a basic ($25.00) wireless bike computer that likes to shift around whenever I get into a little brush, etc. and I also use a Polar HRM. I have been looking at the threads on the Edge 305 and it sounds like a good single unit that would keep me from having to deal with different transducers, etc. I do have a Garmin Etrex Legend CX that I use for navigating roads and carry backpacking.

Does the 305 have a mapping capability? Can I download street and topography maps into it? Does the HRM strap allow me to change batteries (or send it off to the manufacturer for a new battery like Polar?)

What would you recommend?

#52 ·
VERVE 29er said:
Biker Bundle or just bundle?

Any advise?
We actually sell way more Bundles (Edge 305 + CAD + HR) than the package we've assembled that we call the Biker's Bundle (Edge 305 + Two CAD's + HR + 12V car adapter).

I'd start with the Bundle for a couple of reasons.

1) Most upload their ride data to their PC/Mac after every ride. Attaching it to your computer charges the Edge battery. Few really want the 12V car adapter, so it seems. That being said, some do and we sell them.

2) The two CAD option is designed for riders with both road and mountain bikes so they won't have to switch the CAD unit between bikes. The CAD sensor is attached using zip ties so it's not something that you want to do regularly.

3) Based on what we sell, we see about 200:1 Bundles versus Biker's Bundles.

Thanks for asking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.