Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Seca 700 Ultra: $370 after cashback

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Fender Roads 
#1 ·
"sportsduster" has these on ebay; and he claims that these are new and
that he is an authorised dealer for Light & Motion (he was adamant about it).
Price = $490 = $370 after 25% cashback from microsoft.

How would this compare to the Dinotte 800l/400l sale ?

#10 ·
The thing I like about the 700 is the beam pattern and how bright it is. Admittedly, I haven't tried many lights. So take what I am about to say for what it is worth. My last light set up was a Cateye Triple Shot and a Double shot. I believe that is a total of only 300l.

When I am reading a trail, I am looking up the trail and reading the terrain that I am about to flow through. The beam pattern is such that it focuses all the light where I would normally be looking during a day ride. When I am riding along, I am really only care about a certain amount of area of trail, day or night. The Seca 700 puts the light where I like it and want it. I don't think I'll get a bar light as it is overkill for the way I read the trail and what I want to pay attention to. There is enough periphery light to tell if there are trees overhanging. I ride trails with overhanging obstacles, too frequently, without a problem. The other night I was trying to outrun the light...I couldn't. That is a good sign.

I'd like to try a Dinotte. But even at 800l, I have no itch to go for more. The 700 is plenty.

#11 ·
Well said

That is exactly what I thought of the light and beam pattern. I have had both the Dinotte 600 and the TirdenX and think that the Seca is the best beam + light of the lot.

The Dinotte had a lot of light, but I really didn't like it's overall pattern. The Seca's light pattern is what I had hoped for in a MTB light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.