mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Replacement Light and Motion NiMH Battery advice

I need to get a new battery for a light and motion HID light but the standard ones are 90!!!! (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=13160)

So thinking about having one made up by http://component-shop.co.uk/

Its 10.8 volts so thats 9 cells. Problem is the connector and the possibility of other elctronics in the battery that will need to be connected also.

The connector looks like this

Anyone know where I could get one like it?

Does anyone know if there is any electrickery in the battery pack? It talks about temperature sensed charging on the website

Any info and advice greatfully received

Thanks

Ian

maker of trail
    Not having ever seen any of these inside, I would say based simply on the fact that there are three pins in that connector that this is indeed more than a simple battery, which would only require two connections.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I own a L&M light too, and if it was me Id go for the original, L&M battery for replacement in this case. L&M provides one of the finest batteries in the light business, tough, lightweight and durable, and it works perfectly with their charges, which I suppose you already have from your lightset. If you got DIY, you might save, say, 10 or 20 total but youll end up with possibly a bellow par solution.

The connector is made to fit the waterproof sealing, everythign works in conjunction. But Id guess the temp sensor is housed inside the charger, not the battery (I could be wrong - just email L&M about it and theyll reply shortly, some very nice guys over there). If you do go DIY, then you may be able to disassemble your battery houseing and use the connectors on the new ones.