mtbr member
    Oct 2007

real cost of iblaast?

Can anyone tell me the real cost of buying an iblaast and getting it to the uk with all the tax and postal charges, because it looks to me that a 100ish quid light is soon going to become much more expensive

cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Contact Nightlightning

I just bought an iBlaast two days ago. Contact Eric or Claire at Nightlightning. They will get back to you rapidly. It cost me $215 for light and $21 US to ship. That was just light without battery or charger. After some research and deliberation I decided to use two existing batteries I have and connect them in a series. Eric was even kind enough to create a series loom for me to use. Their email address is evh@xtra.co.nz. The cost is slightly higher than they advertise however the US dollar is weak right now. Unlike several companies they are willing to customize your order. Tell them Robby put in a good word for them.

Robby Bennett

Singletrack Daydreamer
    That's about what I paid as well. You might want to google RC car batteries and find two 7.4v batteries with 1.4-4.0ah ratings you can hook in series to make a 14.4v battery on the cheap if you're trying to do things on the cheap. Local sourcing will avoid import duties and transAtlantic shipping. Alternatively, BatterySpace puts out some nice Li-ion batteries (14.8v x 2.4ah are my faves) that are reasonably priced ($31-55), but then you have to tack on a $25-30 for a charger, shipping, duties, and VAT. I get over 3-4 hours of light with my 2.4ah on my nightlightning DCM blaasts, running them at 700ma most of the time, with dimming down to low on the climbs.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I like the light and would personally pay the extra to get their battery. The Batteryspace batteries seem to be very iffy. However, they are cheap and you can buy 2-3 and have an extra around all the time.

The light should be around $240 shipped while the battery probably adds close to $200 to that price.