mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Quick Release Handle Bar Mount - Where from ?

G'day all,

I'm getting really close to having all the parts I need for a home made triple Seoul light but the only thing left to get is a quick release mount system.

I saw the "Handle Bar Mount for NightPro" on Batteryspace but I don't want to pay $50 USA to get the thing down here to Australia.

I can't find another source of these closer to home either.

The quick release would be great to have since it would match my Marwi Halogen system.

Thoughts ?

Maybe I should just make my own mount ?

Tony

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Hi Tony,

Check out the O-Ring style mount that Lupine use. I had no troubles getting a few off the Australian distributor.

They are a simple, secure mount with no moving parts that are easy to install and remove from the bars.

Dave.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Alternatives to the O-ring are those Livestrong style wrist bands or bands made from cut up tubes. Most of my home made lights I mount using reflector brackets usually sourced from the toss out bins of an LBS. Not QR, but just takes a screwdriver to get on and off.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    dealeXtreme also have some mounts which aren't exactly quick release but they have a big nut thing to tighten / loosen without tools. They have a bit on top which is meant to hold a torch but you can just unscrew it to leave a 'platform' you could bolt your lights to.

They cost 99c but probably aren't practical unless you're getting other stuff from dealextreme.

My Rusty Knee
    another one is this. You can remove or modify the top bit if you want. its bolted to the clamp.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=12871

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?