mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Question about setting up my MaxFlex v5.0 7-Up

Hi all,

I am a newbie.....

I've just build up my 7-Up which drive with MaxFlex 5.0.
    Now I am trying to set up the MaxFlex to the UIB2Q (Multimode) from UIP mode

I have sucessfully entered the UIB2Q mode, but I can only use the Duo mode, Could anyone explain to me in a more simple way which helps me to switch between Duomode, Threemode, Trimode and Multimode in UIB2Q

What I've tried...

Entered "Menu Selection" ---> Thirteen Clicks ---> Press ---> 1 click ---> Press ---> The LED Flash TWICE and GO OFF !?

Refer to the MaxFlex operation manual 8.13, it should be....
    "For UIB2 and UIB2Q base mode the LED will flash once and then go dim to indicate a further submenu
    choice needs to be made."

I just can't get in to that further submenu....

Am I missing some of the key point or did something wrong?

Thanks All~~~~~!!

mtbr member
    sounds like you may have a Maxflex from the batch just before the three/trio mode was implemented.

so you may be stuck with the duo or multimodes

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I just tried to program mine as well and had the same issue.

It would appear that the Cutter kits have shipped with the v 5.0 maxflex driver and not the maxflex 5A.

Accordingly, the instruction manual you should be using is located here:

http://www.taskled.com/leds/maxflexuni_v3.30.pdf

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    IF your maxflex has U2 in blue pen in the area in the picture below it has the UI-UNI2 firmware (with the new UIB three/tri modes) AND is a maxflex5A. If it only has a U in blue pen then it has the UI-UNI firmware (UIB duomode and multimode only) and is a maxflex5.

Since maxflex5A only has 3 component changes to make it capable of 29V output, it uses the same PCB as the maxflex5 (hence the V5.0 on the silkscreen in the picture below). The transition to maxflex5A (29V) occurred at the same time that I released the UI-UNI2 firmware. So, in this case the blue pen U2 also indicates it is a maxflex5A.

cheers,
    george.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    oh......kinda bad new for me........
    just comes up another question, is it posible to upgrade my 7-Up (All 7 LEDs are R5) from my maxFlex to the HyperBoost from Taskled ??

Is it too dangerous to drive it to 1400mA, If it is posible to use it, does it mean brighter than the maxFlex 5.0 ??

btw, I'm using a 4 X 18650s 14.8V battery for it...

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sidrum
    oh......kinda bad new for me........
    just comes up another question, is it posible to upgrade my 7-Up (All 7 LEDs are R5) from my maxFlex to the HyperBoost from Taskled ??

Is it too dangerous to drive it to 1400mA, If it is posible to use it, does it mean brighter than the maxFlex 5.0 ??

btw, I'm using a 4 X 18650s 14.8V battery for it...

Thanks

Nope the Hyperboost wont fit .
    you have tons of light even @ 700 ma drive
    1 amp is all I would go for and set it to multi mode then you can pick and choose your level

at lower drive currents you have one of the most efficient lights out there

I really dont think unless you live some cold it would handle 1400 ma for long too much heat I think .

and also if you went to high drive current then your battery would need doubling for a reasonable runtime .

probably I did not design enough fins in to the case it was designed when the XPE was rated at 700 ma max drive current