mtbr member

Problem with Cadence and the Edge 305

I have an Edge 305 with cadence. It worked fine for a few months then started cutting out. I changed the battery in the sensor and it still didnt work. I rescanned for the cadence and still nothing. Then one day it will work, the next it wont. Sensor is aligned with magent perfectly. Any ideas??

trail rat
    What did Garmin say when you called them?
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Double-metric mtb man
    How's the gap between the magnet and sensor doing? I found I occasionally nudge my sensor with my heel while riding and as a result, I had a similar issue for a little bit.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Flyin Pig
    Also did you update your software. I had intermittent connections with my forerunner 305 and the cadence sensor. Updated the software and it connects fine now. Edge 305 has a software update on May 4.
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-00447-00

As it was stated the gap was also an issue. I had the problem of the sensor moving around. I also had a second problem in that I had a dual suspension mountain bike. When I lined everything up I wasn't sitting on the bike. I didn't account for sag so the magnet was off. Point being, sit on the bike and have a friend move the sensor around.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanLasston
    Also did you update your software. I had intermittent connections with my forerunner 305 and the cadence sensor. Updated the software and it connects fine now. Edge 305 has a software update on May 4.
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-00447-00

As it was stated the gap was also an issue. I had the problem of the sensor moving around. I also had a second problem in that I had a dual suspension mountain bike. When I lined everything up I wasn't sitting on the bike. I didn't account for sag so the magnet was off. Point being, sit on the bike and have a friend move the sensor around.
    Great feedback! This may help others.

Thanks and glad you got it working.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com