mtbr member
    May 2006

New question here. Princeton Tec Yukon Extreme Xenon????

Well I am pretty new to this whole riding at night thing, so bear with me. I have been looking at some of the DIY LED setups, but I just don't have the time between work and school to do that and have it done anytime soon. So I was looking around for a fairly inexpensive light that will hold me till I become a better rider.

Anyways I saw this light for pretty cheap a Princeton Tec Yukon Extreme Xenon, what do you guys think?

mtbr member
    I have not tried the Yukon Xenon, but I did try the Yukon HL and didn't really like it at all. I thought that the Eos (which uses the same LED as the HL) was brighter. Also, I didn't like the fact that the battery holder and the light head could not be disconnected from one another. They are hardwired together. I think that the only difference between the HL and the Extreme is the light source -- LED vs. Incandescent.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have had the Princeton Tec Yukon for a short time just to see how using a helmet mounted light would work. I consider it as the minimum amount of light I would use on an easy trail that I know well. I didn't expect more from a light at this price.

The Yukon Extreme you are looking at has a little better light output according to their website.

mtbr member
    I just picked up one of these for a price I couldn't refuse. It's pretty bright, though I'm sure it doesn't hold a candle (hyuk hyuk) to a lot of the other systems out there. I'm going to try it out for some night biking soon to see how it holds up there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sylvia L1 was always a damn good helmet light, mates using it with a bar mounted HID to this day and preferes the L1 to the HID sadly.

Another mates got the LX ( was mine ofcourse as was the L1 ), hasn't got the optics of the L1 sadly so more of a normal torch.

1 of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14445 + a few batterys + charger comes in around $60, fantastic output!!