mtbr member

Pedicab Tail Lights

OK gentlemen I need help finishing my light setup for our Pedi-cabs. I was going to use just a general Planet Bike Super Flash mounted in 2 places on each cab. However the mounting part is going to be hard to do without looking like it was mounted haphazardly.

I want something clean and that looks like it was OE on the cab.
    I am running a SON hub on the front wheel and have front lights built by Ktronik. Which are in the mail with me awaiting their arrival with excitement! Kerry has gone above and beyond customer satisfaction when dealing with me trying to figure out what he was going to build. I changed my mind a lot and he just altered what he was doing to match my wants. He was in top form!

I would like something I can run off the hub or perhaps, if possible, a battery that would last 50 hours. This would run 2 or 3 tail lights that would be mounted flush onto the rear cab body. I would drill a small hole for the wire and then mount the light permanently. The wires would go behind the seat cushions into the compartment under the passenger seat where, if we used a battery, the battery would be. So you can see the battery size or weight really doesn't matter for this application. However running off the hub is preferred.

Also if run off the hub, I would need to have extra stand lite for when the cab stops and is stationary for 15-20 minutes. So a cap circuit would need to be large?is that correct?

As far as what will the mount that which holds the light be? I don't know yet.
    I look forward to any input you can throw my way, I'm a newbie.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body

Candlestick Maker
    Peter White has a big page on dynamo taillights. Maybe something there will spark an idea/solution:

http://peterwhitecycles.com/taillights.asp
    baker