mtbr member

Opinions anyone...

What do you guys think off this one???
    [FrTop.JPG
    BackRt.JPG
    BackLt.JPG

Singletrack Daydreamer
    I like it. It has the same problem all of my home milled lights; lots of square edges to hurt you when you hit them with your knees/thighs.. Nice design. What battery, LEDs and driver are you planning on using?
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnway
    I like it. It has the same problem all of my home milled lights; lots of square edges to hurt you when you hit them with your knees/thighs.. Nice design. What battery, LEDs and driver are you planning on using?
    Yeah, I agree with you. Itís vary angular. I wish I could round over the edges easily.
    I wanted the heat sink to be directly behind the emitters and that does put it in a good location to cut a knee open. I think I will make a new mount that will put the light out in front off the stem.

I made it for the Cutter Triple Cree kit with a 13.2 V Lithium Ion Battery.

Thanks for the input.

wot no bike?
    I like that it's designed to place the lamp over the centerline of the bars.
    pete

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I like it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I like it. Can't imagine how it was made unless it was milled but it looks cool. Also looks like it would hang over the stem just right. Fitting the Cutter tripple cree assy was a nice choice. Should give off some good light. One thing I would change is that paddle switch. It kind of cheapens the precision look of the unit as a whole. It looks like you take pride in work.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    There's some waterproof boots for that style switch that you can pick up from good electronics stores. They're universal to the size threads, not brand specific. It would help in both keeping the cool all-black look and helping it be more weather resistant. If you can't find them on the web (via google or e-bay) let me know, there's a place in Boulder that I know stocks them.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    delete (duplicate post)

mtbr member
    Thanks for the complements guys

If I use the bflex, I’ll use the switch that comes with it and use the rubber part of an old TV remote control button to engage the momentary Tact switch.
    But it won’t be waterproof.
    If I use a buckpuck, I’ll have to use an on off switch and rethink the power and switch location to make room for the buckpuck.
    Either way, has anyone seen a small sealed tact switch???

Singletrack Daydreamer
    Check e-bay. The only problem there is usually quantity. You can find 50 switches for $10, but what do you do with them all? Found this regarding your switch cover, but who needs 50?

mtbr member
    I am going to make my own switch using a Pop button that I pulled out an old piece of equipment. It is a momentary on switch that I made by boring a hole and stopping .025"
    from the suface. It works like a charm but is extreemly dificult to pull off.
    IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnway
    The sharp corners and edges could be filed down. It would take more time end effort but would be worth it in my opinion. This would also lighten the weight slightly, but I think that would only be a concern for weight weenies.