Wait, what!?

Older lights, what are they?

I just picked these up for 10 bucks, so I dont really mind of they are sh!t, I just want to know if anyone can tell me what model they are. One of the lights doesnt work, but the bulbs are replaceable, right? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Enduroblood; 12-09-2007 at 12:18 AM.

mtbr member
    I think that is the Nightrider "Classic Plus". They made that model until around last year. Yes, you can replace the bulbs (you can get them from Niterider or LBS). The big question is whether the battery is any good or not. Still, $10 is a great deal on a light that sold for around $250.

Jesus loved the dinosaurs
    That was a great lightset, at the time. I still have the light from mine... couldn't bring myself to throw it away. Very bright with both lights- one is a flood, the other is a spot. The only problem was that the burn time with both lights is pretty low (~45-60 minutes).

You can still get batteries for it, to...

https://www.batteryspace.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=2884

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Get your batteries somewhere else or from NR. Batteryspace batteriess are terrible. I think they havbe a 50% satisfaction rate from the posts I have seen here. The chargers are even worse.

Wait, what!?
    Dang, thats a surprise! I wasnt sure if they were 10 years old, or junk, or whatever, but it looks like I might have scored. Depending on how long this battery lasts and how bright these are (cant really compare them to my MiNewt Dual) I wouldnt have a problem getting another battery for it. Thanks for the info thus far

Hack Racer
    I think those used MR11 halogen bulbs. Which is pretty standard at any hardware store like Home Depot. I wonder if you could retrofit the new MR11 LED kits into one.

Code Burr
    Deal extreme has a single cree xre @900mah with reflector that is the size of a mr11 for $12. I upgraded my turbocat with it. 2 of them would rock. $10 is a steal for that unit.

Wait, what!?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze
    Deal extreme has a single cree xre @900mah with reflector that is the size of a mr11 for $12. I upgraded my turbocat with it. 2 of them would rock. $10 is a steal for that unit.
    Sounds like a sweet idea. How would I go about doing that?

Wait, what!?
    Does anyone know how heavy they are? I should be getting them this weekend sometime, just curious about the weight.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze
    I couldn't find these led's. Can you link to them or something?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduroblood
    I just picked these up for 10 bucks, so I dont really mind of they are sh!t, I just want to know if anyone can tell me what model they are. One of the lights doesnt work, but the bulbs are replaceable, right? Thanks
    The "Classic Plus" is the new name for that light ... I don't recall the original name ("Dual"?), but I still have the one I bought in the summer of 1994. As others mentioned, not a lot of burn time with both bulbs on (32 watts!), but it was very bright for its time.

I had hoped that it could be converted to LEDs, so I'd be interested in a link to order new bulbs.

Singletrack Daydreamer
    I couldn't find them either, but mr-11 is 34.74mm and this is 33mm. You might have to cut or buy a 35mm piece of plexiglass to make it work, or it just might work on its own. Heck, at $5 for a 10pack, it just might be worth giving a try.

Note: I haven't tried this and don't know what LEDs the lens was designed for.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!