Wandering not Lost

ok..here we go...

Looking to jump into the GPS market, on a greater scale that I am currently envolved.

I have a garmin edge 305 and love it, but looking for something with a bit more horse power. Seems the Garmin 60CSx is the going ticket, but any input would be appreciated.

Sooooo...what do you guys have for me....

Grizzly
    Check out the upgraded eTrex series. Should be available within 4-5 weeks.
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

what do you want to do with the new gps? Since you have a 305 already, I suspect you won't be using it much for biking...or will you? Details, man...details!

Wandering not Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    what do you want to do with the new gps? Since you have a 305 already, I suspect you won't be using it much for biking...or will you? Details, man...details!

map uploads...and some off bike use.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by BThor
    I cannot say enough about the 60CSx; I use it in my truck to get to trailheads, and general navigation, on the bike on adventure rides (even though I have an Edge 305 for most rides).

While I was down with broken clavicle, acromium, buggered knee, I did some hiking and geocaching to keep my sanity, all with the 60CSx. Good size and full featured, it's a winner.

The newer Etrex upgrades coming this fall will be nice, but IMNSHO, too small for use while driving.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by BThor
    If that's ALL you want, and your desires are pretty basic, anything etrex Legend or better would work. But, I still think you're a bit overly vague. How much map uploading do you want? Do you want to be able to load half the country and go wherever without worrying, or are you okay with only loading your state (or just part of it?).

What types of off the bike use? Geocaching, driving, backpacking, mapping trails, what? Do you want to know your altitude, or to plot changes in barometric pressure while you're in a high altitude camp? Do you want to have an electronic compass so the GPS can accurately point you to a waypoint during a FIND operation (without necessarily using a compass, too)? Do you want to be able to see the screen while the GPS gives you driving directions? Do you want the ability to get driving directions at all? Are you going to use it while canoeing or kayaking, inland (requiring topo maps) or at sea (requiring Bluechart maps and tide tables), and need something waterproof that would float if you capsize? EXACTLY what you want to use it for will determine which model you should get, so if you want any REAL help (beyond people's personal experiences), you have to be forthcoming about what you want to do with it.