mtbr member
    Feb 2005

NR evolution smart wont fully charge

Just purchased a Nr evolution smart and gave it a charge until the charger light turned green. Turned on light and only 3 of 4 green lights show. Used light until it showed to recharge and did the same. It only shows 3 of 4 green lights again. The run time on high was about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Any tips.
    thanks

mtbr member
    A little more information would be helpful. Is it a NIMH battery? If so it may take several charge/discharge cycles to reach full performance. What is the run time supposed to be?
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    It is a NiMH. The run time is supposed to be 1:45 min. I was just told to reset the chip by depleating the battery down to just before it shuts off. I will try that. Also, when is the best time on the fuel gauge to recharge your battery. Red light or red blinking light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfg99
    It is a NiMH. The run time is supposed to be 1:45 min. I was just told to reset the chip by depleating the battery down to just before it shuts off. I will try that. Also, when is the best time on the fuel gauge to recharge your battery. Red light or red blinking light.
    If it's NIMH then recharge it after every ride so you're fully tanked up. It won't affect the battery life. There's no need to wait for it to get close to empty like NiCad. If it's a pain to remove for charging, NIMH's don't like to be completely drained, so if red is less discharged than blinking red (I don't have a NR) then recharge at that point.
    To the troll mobile, away...