mtbr member

NiteRider Taillight Battery Solution

Have found my solution to my battery issue for my NiteRider LED Taillight, at least it's an interim solution to get me through the Australian winter of commuting. I don't have my electrical tools, breadboards, logic probes, and so forth, it's all been left in the US. My two original NR batteries have finally sh*t the bed, and for some reason the MiNewt Battery doesn't work with the NR Taillight. In a perfect world I'd like to find a Lithium battery solution about the size of the MiNewt battery, but just a straight battery, no internal logic because the NR taillight controls it's flashing modes and what not.

So... here's my cheap solution to get through winter...

LIGHT (I already own)

Battery 11.1v 2200mAh Lithium-Polymer (I already have the charger and balance boards for such a battery)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35768

Battery Monitor (this will alarm will voltage goes too low, I could also use a Lipo Cutoff, but this should be fine, I'll leave a Superflash on my bike as well as a backup taillight.)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35609

This battery/monitor are small enough to fit into an average sized seat bag leaving room for a toob as well. I don't plan on running the battery down to the alarm every time, I'd like to recharge it weekly, since my commute is 1 hour each way, so 10 hours of commuting per week, which a 2200mAh battery should be able to handle.

Thoughts?
    Draft College Republicans

mtbr member
    Bump.. any thoughts or concerns in using a Lipo battery in this way?
    Draft College Republicans