mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Niterider Digital Pro 12

Hello All,

I have a Niterider Digital Pro 12 dual beam light from many years ago. I have the mounting piece for the handlebar and the rear flashing red light but I can't find the battery or charger for the life of me.

Is it worth purchasing a whole new setup or can I source a water bottle battery pack and charger somewhere - maybe Ebay - or can I build my own somehow for cheaper?

Also, how do you guys best recommend securing lights for city riding? The bike won't be left out overnight ever but just for quick runs to the grocery store and what not, I will mostly be riding to get back in shape.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Mike

Bandolero

Been there before

You can use a 13.2v battery.

Batteryspace has them. I just de-soldered the leads from the old NR battery and put them on the BS one. I still use the NR charger but it takes forever. I rarely (never) use mine anymore as my LED lights far outshine it.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Could you recommend a good led light? I'd rather just get something newer and better than spend money on something inferior.

-Mike

Bandolero

The House That Jack Built

Quote Originally Posted by Rex32
    I'd rather just get something newer and better than spend money on something inferior.
    I built a dual and quad LED light from housings people on this forum provided. There's a few people here (EL34, SDNative, scar) that provide a kit or built light.

Since you probably paid $250 for your NR 12 years ago I'd say that would be a good price point to look at. There's a few commercial lights out there in that price range. My quad built was a bit over that as the Li-ion battery wasn't cheap.

The housings by deesta or troutie or the lights by the people listed above look good. Those lights could only be considered inferior by someone with a lumen phobia.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Any links to a build thread for a similar.iar setup?

-Mike

mtbr member
    Do a search for achesalot or tripple ssc p4.

A great guide for first time builders