mtbr member

Nightsun XC questions (especially the battery..)

I have a Nightsun XC that I have used for commuting for several years. The battery is finally dying so I ordered a new one from Interstate Batteries. I just got it and it looks pretty good. The batteries are paired in sleeves (not sure of the techie term) and soldered together. The connector is compatible with the lights and the charger. I went out and got a clear bottle, put the batteries in and carefully started squirting Great Stuff in and letting it set for an hour or so. So far, so good... After it sat for what seemed like a righteous amount of time I hooked it up to the charger. After a while I noticed that the Great Stuff seemed to be liquifying. I got a small puddle of it at the bottom; it is the color of caramel. This brings up a few questions:
    1. Is Great Stuff that great for this application?
    2. Is there anything greater?

Thanks for any help...
    [SIZE="4"]I'll have Reynolds 753... Brazed, not bonded...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I did the same thing however, I bought individul cells and soldered them together. I also used "great stuff" I didn't look so great in mine either but, it worked. Next time don't use a clear water bottle then, you'll never know. I did mine a few years ago.

mtbr member
    Ignorance is bliss, eh? I won't worry about it then... Thanks!
    [SIZE="4"]I'll have Reynolds 753... Brazed, not bonded...[/SIZE]