mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Nightrider classic parts??

So I have an old Nightrider Classic, with the big h2o bottle battery. The battery is dead, will not hold a charge.

I wonder if the headlight case, and switch are useful, or if a newer battery can be retrofitted. I also have the killer taillight for this system, but it's useless without the battery.

Any options for these parts, or is there someone out there that can use this stuff? Or dumpster?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Newer battery can always be sourced.

Those old MR11 housings have lot of potential, from what I've read. Lot of folks around here have done LED upgrades to older lights, and yours at least on google image search look like you could be a candidate.

If you do decide to dumpster though, I'll pay you for the shipping to me - I'd be willing to play around with them.

I think the battery is a 6volt setup, if you have a BatteriesPlus location near you, they can rebuild your pack with newer, higher quality cells.

Also, Batteryspace.com offers 6V 5ah waterbottle packs for about $50. Water Bottle Nimh Battery: 6V 5Ah with Trail-Tech female plug (I don't know if the plugs will match what your have - you'll have to research that.)

mtbr member
    I'm actually working on doing a dual XM-L swap into a Niterider Classic Dual Beam.
    Not sure if it's going to work though. That housing, with all it's bends and angles, is going to be very difficult to mount the LED heatsink to. If it can be done, there will be no room at all for the driver. Not sure it's worth the trouble over just using a Hammond box.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.