mtbr member

New to the light thing!

Ok so i'm new to the lite idea but damm it's getting dark early and
    I can't wait till the weekend to ride!

I ride with a full face Troy lee D2 carbon and wanted to know if anyone had some sugestions for a light?

also whats a good system for my Nomad?

thanks

Sean

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    You could get 50 replies recommending 50 different lights. What kind of riding do you do? Is this for your only light or will it be used with another? Bar or helmet mount? You mentioned your helmet so I guess it is for helmet light. HID, LED, Halogen? What price? I would suggest you read through the "lights" posts and do some research to narrow the field down a little. Do a search of bicycle headlights to start getting familiar with what's out there. Also check Amazon, Nashbar, Performance, and other bike sites. You will eventually come up with several lights you are considering, then ask for opinions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We have covered all this and I personally must have posted over a couple of hundred posts

Read through all the posts and threads and you will find 3-4 names coming up consistently. There are beamshots and pros/cons of each and some very interesting info. The interesting ones for me:

LED:

Lupine
    Dinotte
    BR Lights
    Nighlightning
    Enduro/Exposure

HID:
    L&M ARC
    HID Technologies

Halogen:
    Jet Lites
    Turbocat

Seriously, there is probably more info than you could imagine so click through the posts.