mtbr member
    Jul 2007

New to 305 and have a simple question

Ok, I am figuring this thing out but I have one very simple question, can you upload maps into the memory of the 305? I have a old Etrex Legend and Mapsource version 4 and I would like to upload my street maps into my unit. The Mapsource software shows up in the training centre but there is nothing that I can find to upload the maps to the 305. In Mapsource I cannot select the 305 as device to upload to (but it does recognize the 305 and I can download waypoints from it). So, can it be done or does the 305 not support maps? Thanks

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Varroa
    Ok, I am figuring this thing out but I have one very simple question, can you upload maps into the memory of the 305? I have a old Etrex Legend and Mapsource version 4 and I would like to upload my street maps into my unit. The Mapsource software shows up in the training centre but there is nothing that I can find to upload the maps to the 305. In Mapsource I cannot select the 305 as device to upload to (but it does recognize the 305 and I can download waypoints from it). So, can it be done or does the 305 not support maps? Thanks
    No, and that is stated in the manual. Routes and tracks but no base maps.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common