mtbr member

New 3023 LED controller option

Led supply http://www.ledsupply.com/ was just able to get me a 3023 de 1000 led driver. It is the same as the 3021, but with 6 inch wired leads instead of pins. Should make it easier to work with and less likely to short in the metal housings most of us are using. At the time of this writing they had 2 left as this is a brand new item. It isn't listed on the website, you have to contact sales in order to get it.

just fyi

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Cool, that would mean you don't have to worry about soldering to the pins, or using the bulky wiring harness.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Double post again!

Let us know how you go with it.

Dave.

My Rusty Knee
    cool.

Did you get your 3021 working?

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

mtbr member
    No, that is partly how I found out about this. I must have damaged something with my inept soldering or a voltage spike as I was having problems with a battery pack at the same time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Cutter have these as a stock item. ( I bought six of them...)

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I usually suggest to folks to use the wired 3023, because it is much easier than soldering to the pins of the 3021. Good to see they are offering it in the DE model (D=DC power and E meaning External pot option for dimming). I had seen it around before, then it became hard to get. Glad you got one.

There is a harness available for the 3021, but it makes the whole thing kind of bulky because it has a fairly wide plug that slips over the pins.
    -Allen

mtbr member
    I looked on the cutter site and they have a 3023 flying lead option. Is this actually the 3023 or just the harness that achesalot mentioned? Also it is a lot more expensive than what I paid plus shipping here to the US.

Always good to have multiple sources though.