mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Need two sets of lights for 24hr & training......

My wife and I are planning on entering a 24hr race as a 2 person team in 2008 and we obviously need to invest in some lighting equipment.

Of course since we need 2 systems (one for her and one for me) $ is a serious concern. But I also don’t want to go arse over teakettle when I hit a rock at 3am with crappy lights either…..or more to the point I don’t want her to have that issue (she is prettier than I so face plants would be a bad thing). I was hoping to keep it under $400 for both if possible.

I was thinking of DiNotte’s AA systems as I work for CVS crunching numbers and can get our CVS AA’s for 30% off and any name brand for 20% off I figure why not go that route, plus we sell rechargeables ……so it makes sense to me.

Would 2 Ultra 5s and then maybe something like 2 Princeton Tech EOS or Coronas for the bars work? I need some suggestions in the $50-80 range for bar lights if they exist. Obviously I am thinking that the Ultra 5 mounted on the helmets would be the primary lights.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Spanish biker
    Hi, Steve, If you lives in USA, then I think that the Dinotte lights are a excellent option. But if you lives in Europe, then I would buy the sigma Powerled, more much cheap and a excellent light too, moreover the sigma powerled are easily upgradable with seouls or cree leds, optain that more better bright light by a few $ or €.

Sigma powerled

www.sigmasport.com

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr
    Warning!!! my english is very very bad, sorry.

Easy DIY led light1
    Easy DIY led light2

The Beast!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Thanks

We are in the US if that clarifies anything……….

After doing a decent amount of research over the past couple days it appears that the ideal setup for us might be for each of us to have a Dinotte Ultra 5 AA version mounted on the bars followed with one Ultra 3 or NitrRider MiNewt 3W on the helmets.

It sounds like the Ultra 5 will run us $170 each and the Ultra 3 or MiNewt will be about $160 each so we would be looking at roughly $650 vs. the $400 target.

Are their any legitimate alternatives for helmet spots that are under $100?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey River, I believe I've seen someone on this site selling the NEW Dinotte 200L for about 150 or so and the Ultra 3 for around 99. If not here, call Rob at Dinotte and see what his price is since you are buying 4 lights total. Also, AA batteries are real cheap. I think you can buy a dozen on E-bay for around 20 total inc. delivery. I don't have the lights myself but there have been numerous positive reviews here.

MB