MC MasterShake

Need some help with replacement battery for Iblaast 2

I have an Iblaast 2 triple led headlight with a 5 year old batteryspace battery. This battery is under powered and is losing it's "luster". I'd like to find a reliable replacement battery that would give me around 4 hours or more of light at max power. I'm not terribly concerned about weight but smaller and lighter is always better. I'm not a super DIY guy but I can splice and solder if need be.

I contacted batteryspace about this last year and they recommended me a battery that worked for about 8 months before becoming real sketchy. It actually died completely at 3 a.m. on a 24 hour race. Of course their warranty sucks so I threw a bunch of money down the drain.

I also went the MagicShine route as it wasn't much more to get the whole system and we all know how that's gone.

At this point I'm just looking for a reliable light system. I have a working Iblaast2 and Magicshine headlamp but no decent battery. Let me know what I should do.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You can get the exact same Li-Ion batteries that Nightlightning use from Cutter Electronics here in Australia. Or you could buy them from Nightlightning themselves.
    They are high quality cells (ie; I think they're sourced from Canada & definitely not China/ Korea etc).
    The exchange rate would be much better if you buy from New Zealand though, as the US & Australian dollar have near parity right now.
    If you have the same Molex connectors that come standard with the IBlaast it might be the easiest & best option for you.
    Don't know if want to spend that much $$, but personally I believe skimping on battery quality is a bad idea (especially if you're a 24 hour racer). Plus good quality anything almost always saves you money in the long run when compared to initially spending money on crap.

Cheers,

Digger.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Also, I forgot to mention, my 4 year old 4.4 Ah battery that came with the complete IBlaast kit is still performing flawlessly & if it has lost some of its capacity I haven't really noticed yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The Sanyo 18650 cells are hard to beat. My Lupine ones are still going very strong after 4 years.