Thread: Need Info

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Need Info

I guess I have the bug. Just got my first P7 torch from DX, and now I think I want to learn to build my own. Unfortunately I have no electronics background.I do have a strong desire for learning and am looking for good starting points to aquire some basic knowledge. I would be grateful for any positive recomendations. Thanks

mtbr member

aka RossC
    there are a few definitions of common terms that might help you out here

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fused
    I guess I have the bug. Just got my first P7 torch from DX, and now I think I want to learn to build my own. Unfortunately I have no electronics background.I do have a strong desire for learning and am looking for good starting points to aquire some basic knowledge. I would be grateful for any positive recomendations. Thanks
    Seems kind of obvious, but Read through this forum...
    There are countless thread regarding light builds, drivers, optics, batteries, and many questions answered just like yours. You just need to spend a little time surfing through to find the info you want.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks you guys, (mabye girls also!). The amount of info in this forum is staggering. What a wonderful resourse!. Where did you all get your background knowledge? What would happen if the combined Brain power of all you posters could be harnessed?. As many intellegent people as their are in this forum alone, its a wonder MTB'ers are not a force to be reckoned with. I went to my local library, checked out a 700 page text on electricity and electronics, and now I am starting my (linear) learning path.