mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Need help selecting a light...

I have a Jet Lite Phantom helmet mount light. I'm looking for a reasonably proced second light to serve two purposes:

1) For my wife to use as her main lamp for a very rare night ride. She rides very slow, even during the day.

2).As my handlebar light, to be used in conjunction with my Jet helmet light, to go on faster paced more technical night rides.

Would the NiteRider MiniNewt serve this purpose well? What about the L+M SoloLogic? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Stick with the Jet. I also know where there MAYstill be a Jet Startfire 12w for cheap (not sure since it may have sold). Let me know if you're interested. I believe it was well under $200. Otherwise you go go for one Trinewt or the dual Minewt IF you can get them cheap ($300 for the Tri and under $200 for the Mi).

Sharing batteries/chargers with the Phanton and Starfire would be nice though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Dinotte 200l

I've got almost the same set up, Jet 20w helmet mount and bought the 200l.
    I had my first ride with 2 lights a couple of days ago and the difference the detail is cool.
    I've ridden with the 200l alone on the bar for some rides. It would do fine alone for your wifes slow style but it transfers from bike to bike very easily.

It also runs off of 4AA so carying spares is a breeze. If I wasn't on a budget, I'd buy a 2nd one for the helmet just to get rid of the huge phantom battery.